I was only awake for about five hours yesterday. Yes, that's right. I slept all day. Beautiful. Then I had a 5:30 AM wake up call this morning. Sigh. Did NOT want to get out of bed! But it's worth it to go see Samuel and Lizzy! Sam is so cute! He's sleeping now.
Sometimes, like when his little fingers grasp mine when I'm feeding him his bottle, or when he smiles, I almost feel like I might want kids of my own. But it's only almost. Not that that is a concern right now, as I'm single and not seeing anyone. And definitely not financially secure enough to adopt, if I should want to.
Lizzy just woke up. There goes my peace and quiet ;) Kidding. She's watching Mickey Mouse. She didn't even start crying when she realized that her parents weren't here! I'm shocked. She threw herself on the floor, but she didn't cry.
I've had far too much coffee and not enough food.
I'm looking forward to starting my job/orientation for my job on Monday. I have most of my Instructional Unit done for my class, so hopefully I won't get overwhelmed by working full time and going to school full time too. It's all about time management! And I'm good at being organized.
I'm still anxious about student teaching, and it's more than a year in the future yet. I'm not even sure why I'm anxious. Hmm, let me think. I can't work so I have to have money saved up for that time period. And I have no money right now, let alone money saved up. So I only have a year to save up money. I need to sit down and figure out how much I need to save up to survive for five months or so. I can do this!
What else? Hmm, maybe I'm anxious about how I'll do, teaching in general, how I'll interact with the mentoring teacher and the students...I want them to like me. I want me to be able to teach them, to reach them. So yeah. I'm a little anxious.
But looking forward to it at the same time. It's a new phase of my life. Sometimes I doubt if teaching is really what I want, but I know I like working with kids, and I like being able to teach them because they soak up so much so quickly. They're fascinating.
Maybe I'll finish school and be an overeducated pre-school teacher, maybe I'll teach Kindergarten or First grade, or maybe I'll go on to get my PhD in Educational Psychology. Maybe none of the above. Maybe I'll discover something new. Life is, after all, a process of discovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment