You know when your thoughts are so fast that you can't possibly capture them all? Writing is a way of slowing down. Like meditating in a way. In order to write (to be understood) you must slow down your thoughts and capture them on the page. Self-aware.
Last night was one of the nights I had too much to think. I couldn't sleep. Too much circling around and around. I'm starting a new job at the end of the month. My next class starts on Monday. And the pressures of breathing in and out are getting to me. Tension is all I know at times like these.
It's funny how sometimes being self-aware can be bad.
So, as I couldn't sleep last night, I wrote a few pages in my journal. Trying to get all the thoughts out so I could find some rest. I only half succeeded. I'm tired today. So perhaps I'm not making sense. But there are times when writing is my salvation, and times when it is my ruin.
No comments:
Post a Comment